The UK’s Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) has appointed Oliver Hanmer as the head of supervision and compliance monitoring, completing the hires for its new executive team. Hanmer will lead the newly created division, which aims to drive compliance, boost competition, increase choice, and tackle payment fraud within firms.
- Oliver Hanmer has been appointed as the head of supervision and compliance monitoring at the UK’s Payment Systems Regulator (PSR).
- Hanmer will start his tenure on 26 June and will lead the newly created division.
- The division’s purpose is to ensure compliance with the PSR’s requirements and improve outcomes for payment system users.
- Hanmer brings extensive experience in organizational development, change management, and establishing new regulatory functions.
- Hanmer has a particular interest in ensuring vulnerable individuals have access to competent legal representation.
- PSR’s new executive team is now complete with the following members:
- Chris Hemsley, managing director
- Kate Fitzgerald, head of policy
- Natalie Timan, head of strategy and intelligence
- Alex Olive, general counsel (starts 12 June 2023)
- Oliver Hanmer, head of supervision and compliance monitoring (starts 26 June 2023)
- Natalie Golding, chief operating officer (starts 3 July 2023)
- PSR aims to continue improving outcomes for payment system users, covering larger and more complex work than ever before.