Moneycorp, a UK-based cross-border payments firm, has appointed Velizar Tarashev as its new CEO. Tarashev, who previously served as the company’s CFO, will replace Mark Horgan, who will transition to the role of deputy chairman in early 2024.
- Velizar Tarashev has been promoted to the position of CEO at Moneycorp, a cross-border payments firm based in the UK.
- Mark Horgan, the previous CEO, will step down after serving in the role for 12 years. However, he will continue to be part of Moneycorp’s board and assume the position of deputy chairman in early 2024.
- Before joining Moneycorp as CFO in 2021, Velizar Tarashev gained more than 20 years of experience in regulated financial services. He held various senior roles at Barclays, including CFO of Barclays’ private banking business. Prior to that, he worked at UBS Investment Bank and AT Kearney.
- Alan Bowkett, the chairman of Moneycorp, expressed his confidence in Tarashev’s appointment, stating that he has played a crucial role in the company’s strategy, business model, and culture.
- Under Mark Horgan’s leadership, Moneycorp has transformed from a domestic, consumer-focused, analog provider of foreign currency to an international currency solutions and payments provider.
- Moneycorp operates in various regions, including the UK, North America, Europe, Brazil, Hong Kong, and the UAE. The company offers a comprehensive range of payment solutions supporting over 120 currencies.