US-based paytech start-up Liquido has emerged from stealth mode with $26 million in funding. The company aims to modernize and democratize digital payments for Latin American businesses through its unified API, allowing acceptance and processing of various payment methods. Liquido has also introduced its Payment Plus Platform, including a WhatsApp Liquido Store for merchants. The company plans to use the funding to expand its deployment and develop new capabilities.
- Liquido, a US-based paytech start-up, has secured $26 million in funding.
- Index Ventures is the lead investor in the funding round, with participation from Base Partners, Restive Ventures, Mantis VC, and UpHonest Capital.
- Liquido has spent the last two years building a payments infrastructure to modernize and democratize digital payments for Latin American businesses.
- Through its unified API, Liquido enables businesses to accept and process various forms of payment, including credit and debit cards, bank transfers, digital wallets, and cash.
- Liquido provides payroll payment services for businesses and offers the ability to pay suppliers through bank transfers.
- Liquido has launched its Payment Plus Platform, which includes a unique WhatsApp Liquido Store, allowing merchants to create a storefront within WhatsApp.
- Liquido’s Payment Success Booster solution helps merchants achieve higher payment success rates through features like fraud flagging, transaction blocking, WhatsApp payment recovery, flexible payment method switching, and smart routing and retrying.
- Liquido has already processed $300 million in payments through a closed beta with several top consumer brands.
- The funding will be used by Liquido to accelerate deployment and develop additional capabilities.