Fairer Finance, a London-based research and ratings agency, appoints Tim Hogg as director to bolster its expertise in the UK’s Consumer Duty and enhance support for financial firms in regulatory compliance.
- Fairer Finance, a London-based research and ratings agency, appoints Tim Hogg as director.
- Hogg will lead the agency’s behavioral and data science team, leveraging a decade of experience in advising public and private sectors on regulation.
- He will focus on scrutinizing the impact of the Consumer Duty introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in July to ensure consumer protection in financial services.
- Hogg’s role involves assessing the duty’s impact on business models, product innovation, pricing dynamics, and consumer communications.
- James Daley, the agency’s managing director, sees the Consumer Duty as a significant regulatory change and expects Hogg’s appointment to enhance support for firms through data science and behavioral economics.
- Hogg views compliance with the duty as a multifaceted obligation that can benefit from behavioral and data science to prioritize consumers in business models.
- Hogg joins Fairer Finance from Oxera, where he led the company’s behavioral economics practice for over four years.