Checkout.com appoints Mariano Albera as new chief technology officer
- Global payments solution provider Checkout.com appoints Mariano Albera as its new Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Albera, with over 20 years of experience, previously served as the Senior Vice President of Engineering at Checkout.com for the last three years.
- Albera replaces outgoing CTO Ott Kaukver, who is set to leave the firm by the end of the year.
- Checkout.com highlights Albera as a “seasoned technology leader” who made a “significant impact” during his tenure.
- In his new role, Albera is tasked with evolving Checkout.com’s platform to provide merchants with “high-performance payments.”
- Albera sees an opportunity to leverage machine learning and AI to enhance customers’ payment operations and improve online consumer experiences.
- Emphasis on optimizing payment methods globally to enhance customer performance in the digital economy.