Vodeno, a European Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) provider, has undergone a leadership change with Philip McHugh as chairman and Noah Sharp as CEO.
- Philip McHugh has been appointed as chairman of Vodeno, bringing his experience as the former CEO of Paysafe and a history of leadership roles at TSYS Merchant Solutions, Barclaycard Business Solutions, and Citigroup.
- Noah Sharp takes over as CEO, joining Vodeno from BCB Group, where he served as deputy CEO and previously held positions at Paysafe, Standard Chartered Bank, and Deutsche Bank.
- Helen Smith, a seasoned advisor and non-exec director, served as interim CEO before Sharp’s appointment
- Vodeno has 30 BaaS projects in progress or delivered, including a joint venture with NatWest called NatWest Boxed, which offers BaaS services to UK businesses.
- Backed by Warburg Pincus, Vodeno has attracted new investors, including NatWest (€58 million commitment) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) (up to €50 million equity investment).