Schuyler Weiss, CEO of Swiss neobank Alpian, resigns to pursue a career in public service in the US. Gianmarco Bonaita, the deputy CEO, is appointed as interim CEO, pending approval from Swiss financial regulator FINMA.
- Schuyler Weiss steps down as CEO of Alpian to transition into a new role in US public service.
- Gianmarco Bonaita, the former deputy CEO, is designated as interim CEO, awaiting approval from FINMA.
- Weiss reflects on his five years of leadership at Alpian and the optimal timing for the management transition.
- Weiss plans to collaborate with the chairman and Gianmarco Bonaita to ensure a smooth transition and continuity of the digital private banking service.
- Weiss, the founder of Alpian, oversaw significant growth, team expansion, client base growth, and a strategic collaboration with Fideuram – Intesa Sanpaolo Private Banking during his tenure.
- Gianmarco Bonaita expresses excitement about the bank’s upcoming developments and strengthening partnerships with affluent clients in Switzerland as they enter the next growth phase.