Uber has extended its partnership with Stripe, making it the global payments partner for Uber across many of its top markets, including the US, Canada, the UK, France, Malta, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, and Japan. This collaboration will allow Uber customers to connect their bank accounts securely and instantly to their Uber accounts, enabling users to make repeat purchases using saved bank details.
- Uber extends its partnership with fintech giant Stripe to reduce payment costs.
- Stripe becomes global payments partner for Uber in multiple markets.
- Uber customers can connect their bank accounts securely and instantly to their Uber accounts through Stripe’s Link and Financial Connections solutions.
- Customers can make repeat purchases using saved bank details.
- Uber is leveraging Stripe to process card payments on Australia’s local debit card network eftpos and JCB in Japan.
- Creating payment experiences that combine innovation, reduced friction, and cost savings is at the core of Uber’s payment strategy.
- Karl Hébert, VP of payments, risk, and identity at Uber says that “Using Link to give customers the option to easily pay with their bank accounts puts us in a position to tick all those boxes while providing access to an increasingly popular mode of payment.”