Splice: Raises $55M in Funding
- Splice, a New York-based provider of an AI-powered beat-making software platform for music producers, raised $55m in funding.
- Backers included Goldman Sachs and MUSIC, a joint venture between music executive Matt Pincus and Liontree
- In addition to the funding, Kakul Srivastava, the vice president of Adobe Creative Cloud Experience and Engagement, joined Splice’s board
- The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand operations and its business reach
- Splice provides Splice Studio, which allows producers to collaborate with friends around the world while also backing up their music projects using free and unlimited storage
- The financing follows the 2020 acquisitions ot music technology companies Audiaire and Superpowered