Societe Generale: Announces the acquisition of Treezor and accelerates its open innovation strategy
- Acquired core banking, ID verification and card supplier Treezor, subject to approval by the French regulator ACPR
- Provides real-time core-banking system, payment, KYC and personalised card program
- Electronic money issuer with payment services accredited by the French regulator (ACPR), a principal member of the Mastercard network and part of the SEPA network
- Developed a payment platform in collaboration with its clients (retailers, neo-banks, client to client and crowdfunding platforms) via APIs.
- Group plans to provide services for its clients and support the development of fintechs and neo-banks. It also hopes to speed up product roll-out for the bank’s clients
- Societe Generale claims it was the first French bank to purchase a fintech when it acquired Fiducéo in 2015