Japan-based fintech startup Paidy has revealed an investment from Visa as part of its Series C funding round of $55 million
- The two companies are partnering on a new digital payment solution
- Customers can purchase products online without pre-registration or a credit card
- User verification is by mobile phone number and email address and settlement in a single monthly bill
- Paidy has over 1.5 million users, it is working to develop and support new payment methods
- Visa says as Japan is among the world’s fastest growing e-commerce markets
- In 2017, Visa says the scale of the domestic e-commerce market in Japan expanded by 9.1% to 16.5 trillion yen.