Orange and MTN unveiled their African mobile wallet joint venture Mowali
- Mowali will allow payments between mobile money accounts issued by any mobile money provider in real time
- Immediately benefit from the reach of MTN Mobile Money and Orange Money bringing together over 100 million mobile money accounts
- Enable interoperability between digital financial service providers beyond MTN and Orange operations and markets
- Digital payment infrastructure that connects financial service providers and customers in one inclusive network.
- Functions as an industry utility, open to any mobile money provider in Africa, including banks, money transfer operators and other financial service providers
- Solution embodies Orange’s ambition to be a leading player in the digital transformation of the continent