Crypto payments infrastructure company MoonPay has launched MoonPay Ventures, its investment arm, aimed at supporting early-stage fintech and Web3 startups with capital, mentorship, and access to its network.
- MoonPay Ventures focuses on early-stage companies in the Web3 space, aiming to drive industry-wide value.
- MoonPay Ventures has already invested in companies like BCB Group, Absolute Labs, and BridgeTower Capital.
- Portfolio companies will receive support in the form of top-tier teams, emerging business models, and go-to-market strategies in Web3.
- Start-ups can access MoonPay’s network of over 500 partners across Layer 1 and Layer 2 blockchains, marketplaces, wallets, and exchanges.
- Abhay Mavalankar, with extensive experience in investment banking and venture capital, leads MoonPay Ventures within MoonPay’s corporate development unit.
- Ivan Soto-Wright, CEO and co-founder of MoonPay emphasizes the goal of fostering mass Web3 adoption through MoonPay Ventures.