DeFi BNPL start-up AtPay taps Pismo for card issuance
- AtPay, a buy now, pay later (BNPL) solution, is gearing up for a soft launch in Australia.
- They’ve partnered with Pismo, a core banking platform, for card issuance.
- AtPay offers a unique feature, allowing customers to pay in both fiat and cryptocurrency, online and in-store.
- Customers earn AtPay tokens with each repayment, which can be used with the company’s merchant partners.
- Pismo’s cloud-based platform, recently acquired by Visa, will facilitate card issuance via an API.
- AtPay, with over 150 corporate clients, plans to go live in Australia in Q1 2024 and expand to international markets in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and North America.
- Sahir Nadeem, CTO of AtPay, emphasizes their control over payment authorizations and scalability with Pismo’s platform.