Australia’s Exchange traded fund market: To hit $100 billion by 2022
- ETF market doubled in the last 5 years, growing from $17.8 bn to $45.8 bn since 2015
- ETFs continuing their meteoric rise in Australia, with the market expected to hit $100 bn over the next 3 years
- Despite its growth, that figure will make up just 0.6% of the global ETF market, which is predicted to hold $17 trillion by 2023.
- Robo-advice platform Stockspot uses ETFs as its primary investment tool
- Australians had invested in ETFs instead of active fund managers had saved $300 million in fees
- While actively managed funds typically charge around 1% in fees, ETF management fees are often less than half that cost