The Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) has pushed back the go-live of its blockchain system to between Q4 2020 and Q4 2021.
- In December 2017 ASX announced of strict implementation of the technology to replace its existing equity transaction processing system in partnership with Digital Asset providing with technology.
- To replace its current system Chess (clearing house electronic sub-register system).
- ASX has spent the past two years in researching and testing distributed ledger technology (DLT), which included independent third-party reviews of Digital Asset’s solutions.
- ASX expected to move to the new system by the end of March 2018.
- However, back in April this year, ASX outlined new features and the timetable for its DLT system to replace Chess.