- Advertisement -
Anne Boden, the founder and CEO of Starling Bank, will be stepping down from her role on June 30. John Mountain, the COO of Starling, will become the interim CEO while the bank searches for a permanent replacement. Despite initial skepticism, Starling Bank has achieved significant growth and profitability, with £195 million in pre-tax profits and £453 million in revenue for the year ending March 2023.
- Anne Boden will step down as CEO of Starling Bank on June 30.
- Starling Bank recorded pre-tax profits of £195 million and revenue of £453 million for the year ending March 2023.
- Anne Boden will remain on the board as a non-executive director.
- John Mountain, the COO of Starling Bank, will serve as the interim CEO.
- Starling Bank claims to hold £10.6 billion in deposits and supports over 3.6 million customers.
- Starling Bank has expanded its operations across London, Dublin, Southampton, Cardiff, and Manchester.
- Anne Boden’s decision to step down is driven by the need for distinct approaches between the roles of CEO and a large shareholder.